Fat Loss 4 Idiots has become one of the hottest diets around. It seems that everywhere you look you can see another ad for this diet program. It appeals to many people because of its promise for quick and easy weight loss at a price that most people can afford.
Yet, is Fat Loss 4 Idiots really as good as its makers claim? Or is it just another scam? While this diet may work for some people, I believe that it is not worth the money.
Here are 5 reasons why you should not buy Fat Loss 4 Idiots:
1. It’s a diet, not a lifestyle change. Studies have shown that the best way to lose weight, and more importantly keep it off, is through making lifestyle changes. If you only temporarily reduce your calorie intake and later return to unhealthy eating habits, you are likely to regain the weight that you’ve lost. By doing this, many people get stuck in a yo-yo diet mentality. Fat Loss 4 Idiots encourages this by restricting your foods for 11 days, then allowing you to “eat whatever you want” (binge) for 3 days.
2. It’s information you already know. Aside from the automated menu planner, the information provided on the Fat Loss 4 Idiots website is information that you probably already know…or could get for free from other sources. I was extremely disappointed with the quality of information available.
3. You can only eat one food per meal. While other reviews will mention that the diet includes primarily lean protein sources and healthy carbs, few people mention the fact that you are only allowed to eat one food per meal. For example, one meal may consist entirely of chicken…no vegetables or rice or any sides are allowed. This is odd and I find it to be a very unsatisfying way of eating.
4. Advertised weight loss is both unhealthy and unlikely. The main sales pitch for Fat Loss 4 Idiots is that you’ll lose 9lbs every 11 days. This is extremely unlikely and even unhealthy. If you do lose this much weight, there is a good chance that it is primarily water weight and that you will gain it all back.
5. No exercise recommendation. Fat Loss 4 Idiots does not recommend exercise of any kind. Experts have said for years that the best way to lose weight is to combine a healthy diet with exercise. A program that does not also recommend exercise is likely to be a crash diet.
Fat Loss 4 Idiots is not a magic solution. There are no magic weight loss solutions. True weight loss requires dedication and hard work. I suggest you save your money for something more worthwhile.
Shannon Tani is a former fattie, who weighed over 220lbs. She has currently lost over 70lbs. One day she realized that people would rather hear dieting advice from someone who’s “been there, done that” than a boring old doctor who’s never been fat a day in his life. So she started the website Better Off Fat [http://www.better-off-fat.com] to share her experiences and ideas.