Usually traditional crunches are considered to be the best ab exercises when it comes to building abs. Apart from crunches, other effective exercises that help in strengthening and firming your abs and body muscles should also be practiced. You don’t need to lose fat just from your abdomen, but you need to lose overall body fat to maintain good health. You can actually experience best results with the help of cardio, weight training exercises and a balanced diet. Here are 5 Ab exercises that can help you build abs in no time.
1. Bicycle is known to be the most effective ab exercise recommended by American council of exercise, since it targets every muscle of your ab to form a strong lean torso. This exercise is performed by lying flat on the floor and pulling in your abs without holding your breath. You’d need to keep your abs contracted throughout the exercise to protect your back. Keep your hands behind your head, and bend your knees at an angle of 45degrees. By touching your right elbow to your left knee and vice versa, you can create a pedaling motion. Keeping your breath relaxed, you can continue this pedaling motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
2. The second most effective exercise for abs is the captain’s chair leg raise. This exercise targets the rectus abdominis and the obliques that are mainly situated in your abdomen. You can also practice variety of other exercises on the captain’s chair like a rack with padded arms that allows your legs to hang freely and can be found at most gyms or fitness center. This exercise is effective in two ways, first it does not allow the legs to swing or gain momentum to pull them upwards and second is to keep the knees bent so that there is more focus on the abs.
3. The third most effective exercise to strengthen your abs is the exercise ball. Targeting the rectus abdominis, this exercise is more effective than the floor crunches. Floor crunches usually involve legs, but crunches on the ball, involve more of abs. By lying on the exercise ball and doing crunches you can work more your abdominal region. Lie on the ball with your lower back, keep your hands behind your head, contract your abs and curl up keeping the ball stable. Stretch back on your lower back and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
4. Vertical leg crunch is another most effective exercise for abs. This exercise helps not only helps in losing weight but also in developing the ab muscles and a flat stomach. By lying straight on the floor and extending the legs in the air, you’d need to contract the abs to lift the shoulder blades. Keep your legs in fixed position, hands on the floor and your belly button towards your spine. Lower and repeat this for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
5. Last but not the least, are the traditional crunches. By lying straight on the floor, placing your hands behind your head and curling up inside towards your chest places emphasis on upper parts of your abs. keeping your legs bent and moving forward, places stress on your abs. this exercise could need a little bit more effort since it involves the rectus abdominis, that runs from your lower chest to your pelvis.
Once fully determined to lose weight, you can successfully develop perfect abs by practicing these exercises consistently.
Pay Close Attention Here-
Click here – FREE How to Lose 20lbs in 4 weeks without Special Diets