2. Dieting makes your body believe it is starving so it
starts to save fat, as this is its best way to store energy.
3. Losing weight means digesting your own body tissues
instead of food and unfortunately, dieting does not tell
your body what parts it needs to digest or which parts to
4. Severe dieting causes muscle loss and if you are unlucky
the loss may be from your heart with severe consequences.
5. Dieting will make you difficult to live with and your
family may want to kill you.
6. Dieting changes your body chemistry and one effect may be
7. If you’re a smoker you may smoke even more to dull the
8. Binge eating, generally with very unsuitable foods often
9. Dieting makes you food obsessed.
10. Breaking a diet often results in guilt, poor self esteem
and despair often followed by comfort eating.
11. Dieting emphasises food as a reward or compensation – so
called ‘comfort eating’ where food is used to cheer us up or
because it’s raining we are somehow entitled to eat lots of
sweets or cakes.
12. Dieting lowers the base metabolic rate which means you
can live on less food, so when you return to your normal
food intake which was already too high, you put on weight
even faster than before and will probably end up heavier
than before the diet.
13. Dieting does nothing to teach you to eat healthily.
Healthy eating does not mean going hungry.
14. Dieting often causes constipation and this concentrates
toxins and carcinogens within the bowels and they are
present for a longer period. Fruit and vegetables have a
positively beneficial effect on the smooth running of your