1. Never skip your breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Still, many of us skip it thinking that it will help us shed pounds. When you skip breakfast your blood sugar levels, as well as other nutrient levels drop, depriving you of the required nutrition and energy for the rest of the day. Breakfast eaters have a more positive attitude toward school and work, and they perform better. 2. Bite into something good. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Fruits are cool and juicy, so they get you the water you need to stay hydrated and they also provide the vitamins and nutrients that fat-free snack foods don’t. They’re good and they taste sweet – and some contain antioxidants that help prevent aging.
3. Eat regular meals. Skipping meals can lead to out-of-control hunger, often resulting in overeating. When you’re very hungry, it’s also tempting to forget about good nutrition. Snacking between meals can help curb hunger, but don’t eat so much that your snack becomes an entire meal.
4. Quit smoking. Now, studies show that quitting smoking, you can restore your heart function back to that of a non-smoker within a few years. You’ll breathe easier, cut down your chances for heart disease, cancer, and more. But you knew that, right? Also, if you’re not a smoker, stay away from those who do. Secondhand smoke is a major killer – don’t be afraid to tell people gently that you’d prefer it if they didn’t smoke around you.
5. Exercise Daily! You don’t have to be a professional athlete – just make time for 15-20 minutes of exercise daily. Take a walk, dance crazily to music, go for a jog, play volleyball on the beach, whatever it takes to get your heart pumping for a little while.
6. Get your sleep. Getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night can extend your life. Your body has time to recharge every night so it’s fresh and ready to face the onslaught of the next day.
7. Every day, devote a little time for yourserlf. Take some time out of your “busy” schedule. First, eliminate all forms of intrusion. Then close your eyes, breathe deeply and let your thoughts float downstream like a log carried by the river. You can practice meditation or relax in a hot bath with aromatherapy. When a thought comes up, just watch it float away.